CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE, CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Every now and again I come across a story of human endeavour and perseverance that makes me stop in my tracks.
The kind of story that makes you pause and take stock of how you’re living your life, what you’re taking for granted, what you’re seeing a huge problem or major inconvenience.
Today I’m excited to bring you the kind of story that forces you to reboot your perspective and remember that any problem you think you have pales in comparison to what other people are having to deal with.
“Nothing is permanent, I will get through this.”
Imagine getting up tomorrow and going off to work just as you do every day. Nothing different, everything the same.
That is until, everything changes and your world is turned upside down.
That’s exactly what happened to Jill Wheatley. You’ll hear her incredible story in a minute.
I hope this interview with Jill reminds you of three things:
- Regardless of what is happening to you and around you, you ALWAYS have a choice of your perspective and the meaning you give things.
- The depth of the human spirit to face problems, endure pain and rise again is limitless. So whatever problems you’re navigating through right now, you must never forget that you CAN handle it, and you WILL get through this.
- Our struggles are ALWAYS given to us to help us grow and serve others and it is our duty to take our pain and turn it into service.
Enjoy the conversation…
“Everyone has experiences that can help others”
“Gratitude has the power to heal”
What we cover in this episode:
- How the “mountains” in our life are always in our mind
- The power of impermanence and letting go
- What Jill learned from resisting her new reality
- Vulnerability can be a superpower
- Why perspective matters and is always in your control
- When fighting for your life, you’ve got to accept responsibility to change
- How time in nature can be healing and therapeutic