GETTING COMFORTABLE WITH BEING UNCOMFORTABLE WITH DR. STAN BEECHAM
“It isn’t luck that determines your success. It’s expectation.”
Dr. Stan is a sport psychology consultant and director and founding member of the Leadership Resource Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
His breakthrough work with collegiate, Olympic, and professional athletes from many sports have afforded him an insight into the minds of great competitors that only a few have had the good fortune to gain.
What I appreciate most about Dr. Stan is how quickly he gets to the truth and calls it tight to enable people to realize they are capable of so much more, and unlocks the mindset, beliefs, and self-perception that holds us back.
“The impossible is done by those who are willing to risk it all. Those who risk the most achieve the most.”
“The truth may hurt but it never harms.”
What we cover in this episode:
- The two beliefs that create everything
- The message we get for always trying to be better
- The problem with perfection
- How the first 7 years of life impact the rest of our life
- The one belief that causes us to suffer
- The two responses to failure (one helps, one doesn’t)
- How to train your mind for greater focus
- The power of getting honest, truthful feedback
- How curiosity leads to greater growth, learning, and knowledge